Lochaber Ideas Week 2016
This year’s programme can be found HERE
Lochaber Ideas Week is presented each year by Lochaber Chamber of Commerce. This year, the event is run in association with West Highland College UHI and The Oban Times, powered by No Fuss Events and hosted by The Moorings Hotel.
The week-long event celebrates business, education and community through a gathering of exceptional talks, workshops, competitions, discussion and networking opportunities. Ultimately, Lochaber Ideas Week is a catalyst to stimulate fresh initiatives and ventures, creating new connections and points of collaboration designed to enhance the area we live in.
Lochaber Ideas Week runs in parallel with Global Entrepreneurship Week and Scotland’s Towns Week. Attending Lochaber Ideas Week will allow you to become part of a diverse community of practitioners from Lochaber, the Highlands and the UK. Lochaber Ideas Week will offer a unique platform to share your ideas, hear ideas on the next big projects in our region and provides a multitude of opportunities. You won’t want to miss it!
Ideas Week 2016 Overview
Monday 14th November
- 2.30pm – 4.30pm: Free Event – Question Time: Lochaber’s Priorities in partnership with West Highland College UHI featuring Kate Forbes MSP, David Stewart MSP, Donald Cameron MSP & John Finnie MSP. Full details HERE
- 6.00pm – 8.00pm: No Fuss Events present An Evening with David Millar. David is a former UCI World Tour pro cycling peloton. one of only two British cyclists to have worn the leaders jersey in all three Grand Tours. This is your opportunity to hear his story! Click HERE to find out more and to book your ticket
Tuesday 15th November
- 10.00am – 12.00pm: Around Lochaber in 80 Tables in partnership with The Oban Times. Open to all, over the past three years Around Lochaber in 80 Tables has connected over 200 businesses to new business contacts and contracts. Find out moreHERE
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm: FREE EVENT Digital Technologies Update – find out more and bookHERE
- 5.00pm – 8.00pm: Dragon’s Glen in partnership with Moidart Trust – Dragons Angus MacDonald, Anja Baak, Steve Ham and Emma Parton are ready to help the next generation of entrepreneurs! Click HERE for further details
Wednesday 16th November
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: FREE EVENT – Strategic Sales Workshop from Klozers in partnership with HIJOBS. Attend our Strategic Sales Workshop and join fellow business leaders just like you, to discover practical strategies and tactics you can take away, and implement in your business immediately, that will impact your bottom line. Find out more and book HERE
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm: Upgrading or Planning a New Website – Digital Tourism Scotland. Book HERE
- 5.00pm – 7.00pm: FREE EVENT – About Lochaber Hope. Join Alyson Smith of Lochaber Hope for a presentation on the incredible work Lochaber Hope carry out, and how the business community of Lochaber can engage with them for the benefit of the business community. Book your place HERE
Thursday 17th November
- 9.00am – 12.30pm: FREE EVENT – Tourism Conference featuring Story Coach, VisitScotland & Cal Mac. As part of Ideas Week 2016, we are delighted to announce our Tourism Conference fre of charge to all attendees! Click HERE to book your free place!
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm: Digital Tourism Scotland – Measuring Digital Return on Investment. Find out more and book HERE
- 5.00pm – 7.00pm: FREE EVENT – Room 13 Panel Discussion. Room 13 would like to invite you to a panel discussion exploring the economic benefits of creativity. The panel will consist of invited guests, each with an interest on developing our community’s creativity. Book your place HERE
Friday 18th November
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: FREE EVENT Food & Drink Workshop – Lochaber Chamber of Commerce is delighted to announce Douglas Watson from the Scottish Agricultural Organisation Society as part of Ideas Week 2016! Book your place HERE
- 5.30pm – 7.15pm: Charles Kennedy Memorial Lecture in partnership with HWEnergy. This year’s Charles Kennedy Memorial Lecture will be delivered by an incredibly high profile figure in UK politics – watch this space for the announcement, and book your place HERE
- 8.00pm – late: Ideas Week Dinner in partnership with Twin Deer Law. Featuring special guest Fraser Doherty, and the winner of Dragon’s Glen 2016. Tickets are selling fast, so book your place HERE
Business Rates Appeal Process To lodge an appeal go to https://www.saa.gov.uk to identify the individual property concerned. Click on the “Make an appeal” button at the right hand corner of the page to bring up the Online Valuation Roll Appeals page where the appeal form and further detailed guidance to help you through the process can […]
Launch of VIBES – Scottish Environment Business Awards in Fort William On 27 April, one of the launch events of the 2017 VIBES – Scottish Environment Business Awards will be held in Fort William in conjunction with a Business Showcase event for Glenuig Inn, currently Lochaber Business of the Year and VIBES 2016 Micro the […]
Paul Kelly Group – Introduction & Forthcoming Courses At the Paul Kelly Group, we have been involved in development work for over 25 years. It has been an amazing journey that we still enjoy and find fascinating today. The Paul Kelly Group is the sum of 3 parts: pkg life coaching, pkg training and pkg adventures, all of […]
Business Showcase – Nevis Radio We are delighted to welcome Simon Abberley, Sustainability Manager at Nevis Radio, to tell us more about how the business works, tell us about the challenges they face and to dispel some commonly believed myths! There will also be an opportunity for you to find out how to maximise your […]
Essential Employment Update: Moorings Hotel 19 May 12- 2pm The fast changing world of employment law remains a challenge for us all and we are therefore delighted to welcome back Kirk Tudhope and Sine Mackay of Ledingham Chalmers Employment Team to provide clear and pragmatic guidance in their latest update for Lochaber Chamber members. The […]