Lochaber Ideas Week 2016
The fun of Ideas Week 2016 may have ended for this year, but watch this space for news about developments for Ideas Week 2017!
The 2016 programme can be found HERE
Lochaber Ideas Week is presented each year by Lochaber Chamber of Commerce. In 2016, the event was run in association with West Highland College UHI and The Oban Times, powered by No Fuss Events and hosted by The Moorings Hotel.
The week-long event celebrated business, education and community through a gathering of exceptional talks, workshops, competitions, discussion and networking opportunities. Ultimately, Lochaber Ideas Week is a catalyst to stimulate fresh initiatives and ventures, creating new connections and points of collaboration designed to enhance the area we live in.
For 2016, Lochaber Ideas Week ran in parallel with Global Entrepreneurship Week and Scotland’s Towns Week.
Attending Lochaber Ideas Week allows you to become part of a diverse community of practitioners from Lochaber, the Highlands and the UK. Lochaber Ideas Week offers a unique platform to share your ideas, hear ideas on the next big projects in our region and provides a multitude of opportunities. You won’t want to miss it in 2017!
Ideas Week 2016 Overview
Monday 14th November
- 2.30pm – 4.30pm: Free Event – Question Time: Lochaber’s Priorities in partnership with West Highland College UHI featuring Kate Forbes MSP, David Stewart MSP, Donald Cameron MSP & John Finnie MSP. Full details HERE
- 6.00pm – 8.00pm: No Fuss Events present An Evening with David Millar. David is a former UCI World Tour pro cycling peloton. one of only two British cyclists to have worn the leaders jersey in all three Grand Tours. This is your opportunity to hear his story! Click HERE to find out more and to book your ticket
Tuesday 15th November
- 9.00am – 12.00pm: Around Lochaber in 80 Tables in partnership with The Oban Times. Open to all, over the past three years Around Lochaber in 80 Tables has connected over 200 businesses to new business contacts and contracts. Find out more HERE
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: FREE EVENT – Strategic Sales Workshop from Klozers Attend our Strategic Sales Workshop and join fellow business leaders just like you, to discover practical strategies and tactics you can take away, and implement in your business immediately, that will impact your bottom line. Find out more and book HERE
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm: FREE EVENT Digital Technologies Update – find out more and book HERE
- 5.00pm – 8.00pm: Dragon’s Glen in partnership with Moidart Trust – Dragons Angus MacDonald, Anja Baak, Steve Ham and Emma Parton are ready to help the next generation of entrepreneurs! Click HERE for further details
Wednesday 16th November
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm: Upgrading or Planning a New Website – Digital Tourism Scotland. Book HERE
- 5.00pm – 7.00pm: FREE EVENT – About Lochaber Hope. Join Alyson Smith of Lochaber Hope for a presentation on the incredible work Lochaber Hope carry out, and how the business community of Lochaber can engage with them for the benefit of the business community. Book your place HERE
Thursday 17th November
- 9.00am – 12.30pm: FREE EVENT – Tourism Conference featuring Story Coach, VisitScotland & Cal Mac. As part of Ideas Week 2016, we are delighted to announce our Tourism Conference fre of charge to all attendees! Click HERE to book your free place!
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm: Digital Tourism Scotland – Measuring Digital Return on Investment. Find out more and book HERE
- 5.00pm – 7.00pm: FREE EVENT – Room 13 Panel Discussion. Room 13 would like to invite you to a panel discussion exploring the economic benefits of creativity. The panel will consist of invited guests, each with an interest on developing our community’s creativity. Book your place HERE
Friday 18th November
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: FREE EVENT Food & Drink Workshop – Lochaber Chamber of Commerce is delighted to announce Douglas Watson from the Scottish Agricultural Organisation Society as part of Ideas Week 2016! Book your place HERE
- 5.30pm – 7.15pm: Charles Kennedy Memorial Lecture in partnership with HWEnergy. This year’s Charles Kennedy Memorial Lecture will be delivered by an incredibly high profile figure in UK politics – watch this space for the announcement, and book your place HERE
- 8.00pm – late: Ideas Week Dinner in partnership with Twin Deer Law. Featuring special guest Fraser Doherty, and the winner of Dragon’s Glen 2016. Tickets are selling fast, so book your place HERE
Here are some memories from years gone by!
Ideas Week 2014
Ideas Week 2013
Making Skills Work for Employers in Lochaber – Work Based Learning / The Apprenticeship Family Wednesday 29th March 2017 4pm-6pm: West Highland College UHI – Fort William, Carmichael Way, Fort William, PH33 6FF Europe’s highest performing economies are supported by strong systems of work based learning, contributing to low unemployment and fewer skill […]
Team assembled to deliver Marine Harvest Feed Plant Following approval by the authorities for its fish feed plant in Scotland, Marine Harvest has announced a number of new appointments to deliver the 110m Euro (£93 m) investment. Ben Hadfield, Chief Operating Officer Feed and Managing Director of Marine Harvest Scotland welcomed the new appointments, saying: […]
Marine Harvest welcomes Scottish Feed Plant approval It’s full steam ahead for Marine Harvest’s Scottish feed plant after it was granted planning permission at today’s (February 21st) meeting of The Highland Council’s North Planning Applications Committee. Construction will start by the end of March and the 110m Euro (£93m) plant will be completed during 2018. […]
New Roundabout – A82 Fort William upcoming works to be carried out on the A82 on North Road, Fort William. These works are programmed to commence on 13th March 2017. As part of the contracted works for Morbaine Ltd who are building a retail development, the works involve the following main activities; Construction of […]
Keeping your business secure – Cyber Essentials. Don’t know where to start with Cyber Security for your business ? The government estimates that 1 in 4 small businesses will get caught out by cyber crime this year with considerable expense and disruption to the affected business. Find out how the Cyber Essentials scheme can reduce […]