How can I join?
- Download our Membership Pack, complete the details and return by post or email.
- Complete our online application form
- Email us at email@example.com with details of your membership enquiry
- Telephone us on 01397 705765 to find out more information
If you are thinking of joining but want to talk to someone first, drop into our office at 15 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DH for a chat or come along to a Chamber networking meeting to find out more. Annual membership starts from as little as £95 + VAT.
A message from our Chief Executive:
We look forward to welcoming new businesses from all sectors into our local dedicated business organisation. We aim to help to develop new business in Lochaber by creating connections and offering a platform for all members to be able to have their say, share experiences and best practice, and ensure that the collective voice is heard by those decision makers who matter, both politically and in industry.
“We are affiliated to the Scottish Chambers of Commerce and the extensive International Network of Chambers of Commerce which affords many additional wide-reaching benefits and opportunities.”
“Our vision for our future together as outlined in our 2017 – 2020 plan, focuses on accurately representing all business, regardless of size or sector, in the key areas of connectivity, infrastructure (road, rail and sea), tourism, workplace development, education and public policy.”
We acknowledge that tourism is crucial to the local economy in Lochaber, and as such we promote the area as a tourism destination under the Outdoor Capital of the UK brand in the belief that it is the best place in the UK for everyone to experience the outdoors. As well as attracting visitors to the area, it helps to develop local jobs and encourages sustainable economic growth.
“Throughout the year we organise and host regular events aimed at networking, informing or educating, culminating in Lochaber Ideas Week in November each year, with a series of seminars, workshops, competitions and events, including the Charles Kennedy Memorial Lecture and the Ideas Week Gala Dinner.”
“The team and I, look forward to answering any questions you might have and above all welcoming you as a new member to Lochaber Chamber of Commerce where you can help us shape our collective future.”
Lochaber Chamber of Commerce
Premium Lochaber Chamber of Commerce members are invited to participate in the Lochaber Business Forum and are offered various promotional advantages, including having prominent promotion on the Chamber website.
Premium members will receive an invitation to our regular Business Forum meetings where they will have the opportunity to meet key decision makers of the Scottish business community and senior Government officials. Business Forum members will also be able to take part in the planning and development of the activities of Lochaber Chamber of Commerce.
Premium Membership is open to all Lochaber Chamber of Commerce members.
- Invitation to Business Forum meetings and exclusive access to influential business and political leaders.
- Full corporate membership of the Lochaber Chamber for your company and all subsidiary offices and branches operating in our area
- Free places for 3 representatives at Chamber events
- Your logo on an exclusive and prominent position within our website with links back to your own website
- Opportunity to contribute to national consultation exercises
- Your logo on all our promotional materials
- Business Mentoring opportunities for your locally based staff
- Acknowledgement on key Press Releases and Chamber e-newsletters
- Opportunity to sponsor key events at reduced rates
- Invite to be a Guest Speaker at Chamber events
- The Chairman, the directors of the Lochaber Chamber and the support team always on hand to deal with any questions and ideas you may have
SUBSCRIPTION: General Membership + Business Forum Premium: £700 +VAT
General Membership enables ALL employees of the company to take advantage of the Membership Benefits including discounted event fees and opportunity to arrange events with the Lochaber Chamber of Commerce. Members benefit from being listed on the Lochaber Chamber of Commerce website.
Upon joining, the company will be mentioned in the news section of the website, in the monthly newsletter and on the social media channels.
SUBSCRIPTION: Membership rates based on employee numbers.
Corporate Membership is for national and multinational organisations wishing to link to the Chamber of Commerce Network and who will typically join through the Scottish Chambers of Commerce.
Organisations which operate across Scotland and who are looking for membership of the Highland network and will typically join via one of the Highland Chambers of Commerce.
SUBSCRIPTION: Standard Fee equivalent to the Membership rate for 50+ employees.
Under 25/Student Membership
Lochaber Chamber of Commerce offers young business people aged under 25 years, or students, a discounted annual membership. These members gain access to the Chamber of Commerce network and attendance to events such as seminars, company visits and social gatherings at member fees. Lochaber Chamber of Commerce is committed to the work of the West Highland Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) and providing its junior members with tools for career development.
SUBSCRIPTION: Standard Fee £35 +VAT