Membership Agreement / Terms & Conditions
The following outlines what you can expect from us as an organisation, and in return from you as a member of Lochaber Chamber of Commerce:
What You Can Expect From Us:
- To promote, foster and represent commerce, industry, trade, tourism and ancillary services in Lochaber and elsewhere in the United Kingdom for the benefit of the wider business community
- To provide information, advice and assistance to the business community
- To undertake, or encourage members to undertake, joint activities and arrangements for mutual support and promotion of the interests of the business community
- To promote and foster Lochaber as “the Outdoor Capital of the UK” and as such the “best area in the UK in which to enjoy the outdoors”
- To act as the destination organisation for Lochaber
- To lead the promotion of Lochaber as a destination for visitors
- To facilitate a managed programme of events and festivals throughout the year, including the support of groups in order to secure marketing and fundraising opportunities
- To provide and develop business services to members
- To promote and protect the collective business interests of the members and to stimulate interest in, promote, support or oppose legislation or policies (whether local, municipal, regional, national or international) affecting the interests of commerce, industry, trade or ancillary services
- To promote high standards of business and the recognition and use of national and international standards
- To develop and foster working relationships to achieve the greatest prosperity for Lochaber and its people, and to stimulate public awareness of wider business interests.
Terms & Conditions of Membership
It is the aim of Lochaber Chamber of Commerce (the Chamber) to ensure that you and your business has a positive experience throughout your time in Membership. You are encouraged to take advantage of the networking events, and opportunities to contribute, so that we may accurately represent your views. The following terms and conditions are intended to set out expectations you should have of your membership.
- Membership of the Chamber is open to any individual, business or organisation operating in the Lochaber area that has an interest in commerce, industry, trade and economic development.
- Chamber membership applies to the business, and all employees of the member business are entitled to engage with the Chamber and take advantage of any special offers.
- Attendance from each company to free of charge events is limited to two employees, however additional places may be booked subject to availability.
- Membership is valid for 12 months from the first Membership subscription invoice issue date. Invoices are raised as soon as practicably possible following receipt of a completed and signed membership application form.
- Members will automatically be invoiced each year for membership, unless notice is received in writing no less than one month prior to the end of the 12-month membership period.
- Membership is not refundable or transferable. Exceptional circumstances may be considered by the Chamber.
- The Chamber regularly communicates with members by e-mail and telephone (occasionally by post). By entering into membership, you agree to be contacted by the Chamber with regular communications. You can request termination of the communication at any time in writing.
- Members’ data is used solely by the Chamber for communication purposes and will not be passed on to any third party without prior consent in writing.
- Membership benefits may be subject to change without notice.
- Membership fees are set by the number of employees a business has.
- By submitting an application to join the Chamber, you are entering a legal agreement. You may cancel the agreement in writing within 14 days of the date of agreement.
- The Chamber reserves the right to terminate membership without notice for the following reasons:
a. Outstanding fees remaining unpaid for a period of three months after the payment is due.
b. Conduct towards chamber staff or individual members which is considered to be inappropriate.
c. Bringing the Chamber or its reputation and good standing into disrepute through your actions.
- You are responsible for informing the chamber of changes in contact details or other information retained by the chamber and used for the purposes of delivering chamber services. The Chamber accepts no responsibility for incorrect details being held where evidence of notification is absent.
- Applications for membership from businesses who are based outwith the Lochaber area, and have no direct employees in the area, will be subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- If, for any reason, you are unhappy with any aspect of your Chamber membership, please get in touch to discuss your concerns in the first instance.